doing the blog thing. fifteen minutes at a time.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

riding in the rain

this morning i debated taking my bike to the train station. it was sprinkling when it was time for me to leave the house. the paper called for a "light shower" in the morning, and i didn't want to be late coming home to get jake, so i decided to brave it. i thought of miranda biking to the farmer's market in the rain and pushed off down the hill.

the further i went, the harder the rain fell. by the time i got near the train station, i was thoroughly soaked. i don't mind being rained on, but i can't show up to work wet to the skin! so, after biking a mile in the rain, i turned around and biked back home in the rain. [note to self: bike brakes don't work so well when they're wet.]

i got home, changed out of my dripping clothes and into dry ones, donned my galoshes, and looked out at the torrential downpour that the rain had become. *sigh* i didn't want to wait for the bus in that. i was already late for work. so... i whined to erin. (what else could i do? ;) )

by the time i was done whining, she had offered to drive me to the train station. by this time, though, the rain had let up almost completely. the only thing stopping me was that i'd have to walk past rose, the homeless lady who lives on our street (and tends to yell at me in a language i don't understand as i pass her - she's intimidating). erin promised to yell at rose if she came at me yelling. luckily, no one had to yell, and i made it onto the bus and in to work only an hour late. whew!

my hair is nice and soft now. one benefit to being rained on ;)

1 comment:

BrassKnuckleHippie said...

I Did show up soaked to the bone at work that day - I had to walk an avenue to get to the train so there was no way around it. Everyone else was soaked at the office too so I felt validated.

that homeless chick yells at me too!!! it IS intimidating. I wonder what she's sayin'