doing the blog thing. fifteen minutes at a time.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Independence Days Year 2

Sharon's Independence Days challenge is moving into its second year. I like the spring because it's hopeful, and I'm hopeful that this year I can keep up with the challenge a little longer. I've managed to plant things for the last three weekends, and have foraged a bit in my backyard already.

Things I have planted:
-4/12-
Peas
Chard
Radishes
Tomatoes (started inside)
Cabbage (started inside)

-4/19-
Carrots
Lettuce
Parsnips
Radishes

-4/26-
Leeks
Radishes

Things I have harvested/foraged:
Day lily shoots (chopped and sauteed with a fake sausage link)
Dandelion heads (made into iced tea, thanks for the idea Maud!)

Things I have cooked:
Spaghetti sauce with my home-canned tomatoes from last year

Community:
Connected with several CSA people at a party. One woman is coming over to take some of my plant pots off my hands on Thursday.

2 comments:

Maud said...

Juuuuuuuuust when I was about to remove you from my RSS feed :D

Do tell me how your pasnips are doing, I am trying for the first time this year. So far I just barely have a few shoots with first leaves but well, it takes time.

anna j said...

:P I know.