doing the blog thing. fifteen minutes at a time.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

indoor laundry

back before it got cold, i was contemplating on a theorhetical level the idea of drying our clothes indoors. i wanted to put up a line of some sort.

fast forward to now, when i deal with drying our clothes indoors every week because it's bitter cold outside (half the time) and the clothes don't dry as quickly in the cold. we had one clothes drying rack already that we had gotten at target last year. over the summer we used it for socks and underwear outside (cuts down on the number of clothespins we needed). now we use it for clothes, mostly t-shirts. the shirts, pants, and underwear that doesn't fit on the rack are generally hung on hangers in the bedroom, wherever there seems to be space to hang them. generally, several items go on the pole in my closet, a few go on the hooks in another closet, and some hang on things that weren't meant for hangers to be attached to. socks get hung on a metal shoe-rack we found by the side of the street on trash day. it works :) i still look forward to sunny warmish days to hang laundry on the line again. they'll come soon enough, i'm sure.

2 comments:

Allie said...

I can't wait for it to get warm again. I tried drying clothes in the basement, but they smelled like basement. Our house looks much like yours with random clothes hanging everywhere. I've decided to see it as festive and decorative. :)

Jen said...

Hi anna, I meant to say hello back a zillion years ago after you commented on my blog! I've been horrible at commenting but you've been on my feed reader for some time now and I'm glad to see you posting again :)

We can't hang laundry outside because of silly coop rules so I have serious clothesline envy. As it is, come laundry time our bedroom looks like a flea market exploded!