doing the blog thing. fifteen minutes at a time.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

random sunday updates

today i baked. i baked 4 loaves of very pretty bread, and also 11 blueberry muffins with cinnamon crumb topping. the muffins aren't as pretty as the bread, but they're tasty.

if you haven't seen, google is showing off it's black version (blackle.com) and counting up the kwh it's saving by not having a white background.

i finally jumped in and tried washing my hair with baking soda and apple cider vinegar. i was actually surprised at the results from the first go. my hair didn't seem at all greasy the day after i washed it. i took 1 tablespoon of baking soda and mixed it with 3/4 cup of warm water. i poured that over my hair a little at a time, starting at my hairline/forehead and working my way back, massaging it into my scalp. then i rinsed in warm water to get the baking soda out. after that, i mixed 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of warm water, and rinsed that through my hair starting at the tips and working my way forward to my forehead. then i rinsed THAT out with warm water. so far so good. my hair does not smell like vinegar.

1 comment:

Kristine Kay Johnson said...

Good luck on the hair. I found that there's a bit of an "adjustment period", but after that, you'll never look back.